One-Day Tour to Punta Coral
Welcome to Calypso's Private Reserve Punta Coral. Located in the Gulf of Nicoya of Costa Rica and accessible only by boat, Punta Coral is set in a pristine tropical dry forest and has a quiet beach on one side and a valley filled with flowering plants, in
What to Bring
With development at an all time high in Costa Rica, it is nice to find an unspoiled property powered by solar energy that boasts no artificial sounds except for the passing of a small boat or two.
The day starts when the tour's air-conditioned bus picks you up at your hotel in San José, Jáco or Quepos / Manuel Antonio. The guide explains the scenery, interspersing his comments with anecdotes from Costa Rica's history as well as facts about the country. A typical Costa Rican breakfast is served at our private restaurant El Shrimp Shack and where you will board the State-of-the-Art Catamaran Manta Raya for the 45 minute cruise to Punta Coral.
At Punta Coral a superb seafood lunch with chilled white wine is served. Dine in casual elegance at our covered dining area overlooking the ocean. In the afternoon, explore more of this beautiful paradise by kayak, take a refreshing swim in the calm waters surrounding the reserve, explore the forest with a hike on our easy-to-walk trails or simply relax in the shady palm thatched hammock area and enjoy the tropical breeze on this exciting One-Day-Vacation. This delicate eco-system is a protected part of the last 2% of Tropical Dry Forest remaining in the world today.
Quality Beyond Expectations:
1. Comfortable bus transportation with A/C.
2. Bilingual guides, ICT certified (ICT - Costa Rican Tourism Institute).
3. Departure from our private dock after enjoying a hot typical Costa Rican breakfast served in Calypso's restaurant.
4. Cruise the beautiful Gulf of Nicoya in only 45 minutes on board Calypso’s yacht catamaran Manta Raya to the Private Reserve of Punta Coral located in some of the last 2% of the Tropical Dry Forest left in the world today..
5. Delicious tropical fruits served on board Manta Raya.
6. Enjoy the 4 easy-to-walk trails through the endangered Tropical Dry Forest, play volley ball in the shade of giant palm trees, try your luck at a game of horseshoes, paddle a kayak in the small private bay or relax in a hammock and enjoy the sounds of the giant palm trees moving in the tropical breezes.
7.The bar at Punta Coral is fully stocked and prices are reasonable. Complimentary fresh juice and soft drinks are served all day.
8. First course is Calypso’s famous ceviche served at the bar area under a giant palm thatched roof.
9. Enjoy a delicious green salad, bbq fresh filet of fish with a creamy mushroom sauce and toasted macadamia nuts and for dessert baked chocolate fudge topped with whipped cream and of course aromatic Costa Rican coffee prepared at your table. All served in casual elegance in a private covered dining area with a view of the ocean. The fish is locally caught.
10. After a delicious lunch the crew will take you on a Banana Boat Ride through the calm water surrounding Punta Coral.
11. 'Snap Shots' of our passengers are taken during the day and posted on Calypso’s websites & Facebook with easy download. This service is unique to Calypso.